Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tiegan's Baby Shower

Saturday was my baby shower for Tiegan and I have to say I am so grateful for the ladies here in Overland Park 1st Ward- so many CUTE outfits! And such good friends!

Carmen was able to be there which I am glad she was able and willing to drive  all the way there for a couple hours. And when the ladies started asking about the name we picked out, Carmen sat a little higher when I informed my good friends of OP1 that Tiegan was being named after her Abuela! It was quite cute!


My very good friend Jennae and my adorable visiting teachers Roxanne and Randii threw the party and it was super cute. Jennae, knowing my fondness of green, decided it would be a green and yellow party. Everything was very cute ;) And I never say 'nay' to green and yellow! If Tiegnan would have been a boy it would have been a straight up John Deere themed :D


It was a fun shower with lots of giggles and maybe more than a few inside jokes! Good times :)

After wards Carmen and Eric treated us to Red Robin (I thought the boys would eat while we were gone but they were nice and waited for us to get back) Jada was all sorts of excited when I walked in with all the gift bags and balloons. She is quite certain that the baby shower was not actually a baby shower, but in fact- it was Tiegan's birthday party ;)

As for other news from our end of things, Daniel is starting the last half of his LAST semester!!!! He graduates May 12th!!! Hurray! Student life does end eventually! You'd think that being married and pregnant with child number 2 would make it feel like we live in the real world, but no, we have been living an odd limbo state. But this summer starts the real Real life! We still have no idea where we're going, it all depends on where the jobs are. So even though there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel known as student life, we are still VERY much in limbo.

Daniel's brother James recently popped the question and his lovely lady said Yes! So on June 30th in the Rexburg Temple James will marry Jessica Rich (who Jada fondly calls Jessa)! We are very excited  for the 2 of them and we really REALLY like Jess! We had the privilege to hang out with the 2 of them while she was in Topeka visiting. She and James are super cute together ;) I'm sure Daniel and I had that awkward "we're getting married" phase, but I don't remember it and it's fun to see some one else live through it.

I am officially full term now. It's since I had Jada. 38 weeks was considered full term when Jada was born, but now it's 37 weeks. Another thing they've changed is they won't induce you unless there is a medical emergency before 39 weeks and we induced Jada at 38 weeks. So Unless Tiegan decides to come on her own before then (which I pray for constantly) I still have at the least 2 more weeks. Not a lot, but it sure feels like it. This week we are doing another sonogram. The Dr is..... surprised at how much wiggle room Tiegan has in there. So we are double checking the sizing. everything on the out side is measuring right. That might have been a good time to let the Dr know that when my last Dr broke my water- he jumped back and yelled "WHOA" Tiegan's wiggle room might just be due to excess water.....

Any way, I guess that's it for now, hope every one is as excited for Spring as we are!!!

1 comment:

Lloyd Family said...

We are so excited for you. Good luck with #2, and post pictures. We want to see her. Good luck with everything after graduation too, tell Daniel congrats and good job.